Business development skills for lawyers
The client/lawyer interaction is at the core of effective business development, whether that be winning more panel appointments or more instructions, and a bigger share of client business.
With many years of experience in working with law firms we have developed a proven track record for delivering business development skills for both private practice and in-house counsel and across all practice areas that produce real improvements in bottom-line results for our clients.
We also work with you to consider business development in its widest context: internal management, pitching, networking, negotiation skills, procurement, client relationship management and account development.
Core skills in business development
These core skills areas are the building blocks that provide the foundations for each unique client solution. We can work with you to:
- Establish the business outcomes you are seeking
- Conduct research where no proven success model exists through our unique Verbal Behaviour Analysis tool
- Provide consultancy to help educate on areas such as needs analysis and results measurement
- Select the appropriate building blocks - derived from our research and best practice observation
- Overlay them with new, customised materials created specifically to reflect your business needs
- Provide in-house and open courses which are led by legal sector specialists, who bring their in-depth knowledge of designing and implementing projects to every challenge our clients set us
- Coach and follow-up with your partners and associates to ensure new skills are embedded into the work place for the long-term.
The resulting programme(s) provide a blend of tried and tested models and new, unique, designs that create the most effective route to your desired business outcomes.
Contact us for more information on business development options for your law firm.