The Huthwaite programme is aimed at individuals and/or teams that need the right mix of skills, processes and tools to win more opportunities. Built around a business simulation that recreates a competitive sales opportunity, delegates compete to devise and execute strategies and tactics that win the deal. Ultimately, it’s what delegates do face-to-face that wins or loses them the business - just as in real life.
By the end of the programme, each participant will:
- create better access to the real decision makers and better verbalise their value proposition and business case
- be able to describe the psychology of customer needs
- navigate the DMU more effectively
- demonstrate a proactive win strategy and be better prepared to handle the competition
- describe their progress in the opportunity with clearer objectives around what to do next
- pre-handle and manage late-cycle concerns.
The Buying Cycle
- How to map the decision making unit so that you are talking with the right people, at the right time, about the right issues.
Account Entry Strategy
- How to find and interact with various key players within an account.
- Focus of Receptivity, Focus of Dissatisfaction and Focus of Power.
- How customers arrive at the decision criteria they use.
- How to influence the criteria in your favour.
- Principles of competitive advantage and ‘hard’ and ‘soft’ differentiators.
- Buying criteria – how customers evaluate competitive offerings and how you can influence their Decision Guidelines in your favour.
Customer concerns about risk
- Why sales stall close to the decision.
- Why selling skills don’t help you at this stage.
- How to resolve concerns to your advantage.
Methodology & practical issues
As well as orchestrating the business simulation, we give sellers coaching to embed these repeatable, real life skills. We help them to apply the learning to a real opportunity they have brought with them - using our opportunity management Tools where appropriate. This is typically a three day programme for up to twelve delegates delivered by two trainers. A two day, one trainer version without the simulation is also available.
- The business simulation can be generic or fully customised and can be presented using Huthwaite Consultants, client staff, or third party specialists in the roles of buyers.
- Pre-programme consultation to customise content, roleplays and exercises.