Sales Training for Non-Salespeople
This module addresses the ‘sales awareness’ and sales through service’ elements of the service/sales continuum. It is the first step towards a proactive approach to sales from within the community of people who have direct client or customer contact but are not sales people. Typically these people will be in some sort of service role, from traditional service engineers in a manufacturing environment to nurse practitioners in healthcare or auditors/consultants in professional or financial services. The purpose is to break down blocks that traditionally have held service people back by creating a recognition and willingness to actively seek out and pass on sales intelligence and equipping delegates with some core tactics for doing so. The sales training for non-salespeople programme can go on to equip service people with the insights and skills necessary to begin to capture sales value by uncovering and developing needs. It is designed to help organisations improve both their service and sales performance.
"For years in manufacturing we’ve talked about business innovation and skills, now we need to talk about the skills for innovation and for business."
At the end of the sales training for non-salespeople programme participants will:
- Have an improved recognition and willingness to have a positive impact on sales
- Communicate improved quantity and quality of sales intelligence leading to more leads and business growth
- Have a deeper understanding of the service/sales relationship
- Enable more value creation and less value transfer through higher awareness of customer needs and decision making
- Have a shared framework of performance in customer interactions
- Improved ability to create and capture both customer and sales value
- Take a proactive approach to uncovering needs and new business opportunities
- Have a deeper understanding of decision making processes
- Understand a wider repertoire of desirable outcomes that enable revenue generation
- Be able to find more up and cross selling opportunities
- Have a bridge between service and sales mind-sets.
The sales training for non-salespeople programme equips service people with the insights and skills necessary to begin to capture sales value by uncovering and developing needs. It is designed to help organisations improve both their service and sales performance.
- Develop a shared framework of performance across different interaction types handled.
- Understand the impact of sales through service on business performance and customer experience.
- Improve understanding of customers’ decision making processes.
- Identify options, constraints and mandates within interactions so as create a wider repertoire of desirable outcomes that enable revenue generation.
- Develop behavioural skills to structure and control professional interactions.
- Understand and apply CARE behaviours proven to have a high impact on service and sales performance.
- Develop questioning skills to apply a proactive approach to uncovering needs and new business opportunities.
- Understand and use behaviours to describe solutions to customers persuasively.
- Develop an individual action plan to drive further improvement in delegates’ own roles.
Methodology & practical issues
This workshop is facilitated by a Huthwaite consultant for up to twelve delegates. It can be from half a day to two days duration depending on content. Participants receive a practical workbook and a comprehensive reference book, both designed for use during and after the programme, so that the process of reinforcement starts at the moment the training ends.
The event design is specific to each client’s situation and hence will always be, to some degree, customised. Options include:
- Focus on sales awareness, sales through service or both.
- Client specific expectations matrix and outcomes metrics.
- Client specific roleplays and exercisesching Skills and a variety of online or face-to-face integration tools and events.