SPIN® Sales Coaching
Huthwaites SPIN® Coaching is for anyone involved in sales coaching, including Sales Managers, HR and L&D specialists, and peer-to-peer coaches. It enables your people to help their colleagues to compare their personal planning, reviewing and verbal behavioural profile against our best practice model. We equip coaches to ensure that you can embed behavioural change, and realise long-term business benefits.
"The reaction to coaching has been good and sales people actively seek feedback from their managers. SPIN® is fast becoming embedded in our sales culture.” Hollister
By the end of the SPIN® Sales Coaching programme, each participant will:
- be able to analyse and give feedback on SPIN® practises
- set measurable objectives for coaching
- recognise the different types of performance issues in the team
- prioritise coaching effort within the team
- identify what areas to coach on
- demonstrate different coaching styles and behaviours
- review, give feedback and coach individuals using SPIN® coaching tools
The coaching cycle
- Measures of efficiency versus effectiveness.
- Setting objectives.
Focusing your effort
- Diagnosing performance issues to identify coaching opportunities.li>
- Prioritising who, what and when to coach so as to optimise the coaching effort.
- Understanding the key concepts of SPIN® in order to be able to coach them.
- Selecting the appropriate coaching style based on ability level.
- Planning and structuring coaching sessions.
- Using effective coaching behaviours.
- Using the SPIN® review tools at the Planning, Doing and Reviewing stages.
Methodology & practical issues
The SPIN® Sales Coaching programme consists of interactive exercises and roleplays, with participants working in small groups or pairs to practise and give feedback on the behaviours used. Roleplays are analysed to provide objective feedback and targets for behavioural improvement. Participants receive a workbook, along with a copy of the coaching tools for use after the programme has ended. This course is run by one Huthwaite consultant with numbers limited from eight to twelve delegates.
The SPIN® Sales Coaching programme is from one to three days in duration, depending on course content.
- Coaching based on joint sales calls, including Behaviour Analysis training to enable live observation of seller behaviour in real-world sales meetings.
- Integration with the Huthwaite SMART online coaching and measurement support system that tracks coaching activity and behavioural performance improvement, helping to identify both progress and areas for improvement.